Wednesday, December 16, 2015

christmas scavenger hunt


This is a fun family tradition I've done with my kids the past two years. On Christmas Eve, after dinner, we do a Christmas Scavenger Hunt. This year we've had to learn to live within a budget & so our finances are tight. Christmas & birthdays are the only time of the year that I update the kids wardrobe (slightly, because we get great hand-me-downs& stock up on toiletries. I always get the kids a new book and movie for Christmas. Now that we're doing homeschool, I also like to restock school supplies that need to be replaced before the new year. First, I make a list of ten items.  The key to doing this within a budget is that I shop for these items throughout the year. I pay attention to sales and buy when I notice a promotion for an item on my list. Then I hide them in my closet until Christmas Eve. I'll be sharing some of my favorite places to shop for these items on my IG feed. This year I made these fancy little cards & I'm sharing them with you for FREE! You can save the pictures on your smart phone, tablet, or computer. You'll have to print the 5 by 7 size. I downloaded the pictures to my Walgreens app & used their limited time coupon:ALLAPP40 to get 40% of the printing cost. Now I'll have them to use for next year, too! 



location: underneath pillows in their bed room
gift: new pj's
location: fridge
gift: new book signed by a local author
location: behind TV in play room
gift: movie
location: play kitchen
gift: coloring number books
location: washer
gift: jesus advent activity book
location: kids bathroom
gift: new toothbrushes, toothpaste
& bandaids
location: daddy's closet
gift: christmas outfit
location: behind curtains in playroom
gift: new personalized notebooks for school
location: dinner room table
gift: christmas dishes 
location: christmas tree
gift: baby jesus
After the scavenger hunt, we'll put on our new pj's & share the story of Jesus' birth. Then it's yummy hot chocolate, baking our Happy Birthday Jesus cake & sleeping under the Christmas tree!!!! 


I love sharing family traditions.  
What"s your favorite family tradition? 
Leave a comment below share. 





Note: scavenger hunt adapted from scavengerhunt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment